This is the Axial Wraith “Spawn” Ready to Run 4WD Electric Rock Crawler. If you are looking for a trail rig that is packed with performance features, the Axial Wraith Spawn is perfect. This full bodied version Wraith is built to go FAST, while retaining many of the components that made the Wraith a favorite among hardcore crawlers and scale enthusiasts. The virtually bulletproof AR60 OCP axles can take all the punishment you can throw at them, whether blasting through the wide open desert or hammering through the toughest rock trails. The Ripsaw 2.2 tires are wrapped around Method IFD beadlock wheels, providing a set of shoes that will hook up in the dirt, as well as claw their way up the rocks. Whether you are rock racing or just backyard bashing, the Wraith Spawn is ready to take you there.
For this project, Axial wanted to create a body that had a classic feel with modern styling, similar to the retro designs that are seen in the modern auto industry. To implement this idea, Axial’s Design and Marketing teams brainstormed and discussed some of their favorite trucks and SUVs from the late-70s and early-80s. Taking those vehicles into consideration, the Design team then studied the iconic styling cues of these vehicles and began sketching ideas. As a result, they developed those ideas and created a unique retro styled Axial SUV body – the Spawn.
In-Depth RR10 Bomber Features:
- BFGOODRICH BAJA T/A KR2 TIRES – S30 COMPOUND: BFGoodrich® tires have proven to be the ‘go-to’ tire for numerous racing victories. Axial’s version of this tire captures the same aggressive look and provides remarkable performance on a wide variety of surfaces. This is the perfect tire for this style of vehicle due to its high level of performance and diversity.
- KING ADJUSTABLE ALUMINUM SHOCKS: The included aluminum King Shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies and are threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability. The rear shocks are mounted on the links rather than at the axle, allowing for more suspension travel which is better for high speed handling.
- FORWARD MOUNTED EASY ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: Remove two body clips to release the front hood for access to the adjustable battery compartment. The compartment features ample room for securing 2S/3S LiPo batteries.
- EASY ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS: All electronics are routed and part of skid plate assembly. Simply drop the skid plate and remove the shocks at the chassis to gain access to the electronic components.
- DUAL SHEAR SHOCK MOUNTS: All shock-mounting locations are dual shear with optional secondary shock mounts allowing for dual shock setups.
- MULTIPLE SHOCK/LINK POINTS AND SWAY BAR MOUNT: A variety of shock mounting points have been added for running dual shock setups and for additional suspension tuning options. On the skid plate you’ll find two front upper link mount positions and three rear upper link mount positions. For additional rear suspension tuning, you’ll find a sway bar mount connected to the cage, under the fuel cell. Optional sway bar sold separately (AXI31331).
- SCALE DETAILS: Realistic scale details include: polycarbonate interior tray with molded driver figures and dashboard, three pairs of black styrene helmets (motorsport, open skull-face and motocross), scale molded shock reservoirs, fuel cell, and RR10 – licensed Bomber Fabrication scale tube chassis.
- FULL TUBE FRAME COMPOSITE CHASSIS: The most realistic high strength composite tube frame chassis. This high strength composite plastic is impact resistant to help protect the RR10 from crash damage.
- OPTIMIZED DRIVELINE EFFICIENCY: The YETI style transmission with RR10 specific transfer case bolts directly onto the skid plate allowing for proper driveshaft alignment required with AR60 axles.